About us

The Valka Local History Museum

64 Rigas Street, Valka, LV – 4701, Latvia

E-mail: muzejs@valka.lv 

Phone/fax (+371) 647 81199

Phone for information and announce of groups (+371) 647 22198

 

 The Valka Local History Museum was founded in 1970.

 

The Building was constructed from 1850-1853 for the Vidzeme Parish School Teacher Training Seminary.

 

The mission of the Museum is to popularize the cultural heritage left by Jānis Cimze; the Latvian educator and founder of Latvian choir music culture, and his students, and to promote society’s interest and understanding about historical processes in the Valka region.